6BEST #9 | SEAL ♫ vol. 1

Seal é um dos mais versáteis cantores pop da sua geração e dotado de uma voz simultaneamente poderosa e frágil que lhe permite interpretações emocionais à flor da pele. Contudo, nunca descurou a aproximação às pistas de dança e mesmo ao clubbing, em colaboração (Jakatta em «My Vision» e Stuart Price em «The Right Life») ou em nome próprio («The Beginning» ou «Get It Together»).

A sua aproximação à soul e aos seus clássicos resultou - entre outras - numa magnífica versão de «I Can't Stand The Rain» de Ann Peebles. Aliás, Seal é um cantor com excelentes versões de clássicos dos últimos 50 anos, como é o caso de «Fly Like An Eagle»: o próprio Steve Miller terá afirmado ser a melhor versão da sua própria canção.

«MY VISION» ∫ 2002
COMPOSITORES ∫ SEAL, DAVE LEE, RICK SALMON, THOMAS NEWMAN
I feel like the sun
I feel like the rain
I feel I've just found reason for living again
'Cause what I've been dreaming I know that's its real
I know there's just no changing the way I feel

You're into my head, I'm out of my mind
I feel I've just found reason for being alive
And I have a secret I think you should know
I feel like I just can't keep it
It's deep within me and I feel like I'm loosing control

Can you see my vision
Of a red hot summer in white
When love was the feeling
With no indecision
We were turning that key inside
To get in the moment

You're living a dream I see you today I feel like all my fears are fading away
Been waiting so long for something new I feel like constant craving for being with you

And I have a secret I think you should know
I feel like I just can't keep it
It's deep within me and I know that I'm loosing control

Can you see my vision
Of a red hot summer in white
When love was the feeling
With no indecision
We were turning that key inside
To get in the moment

Can you see my vision
Of a red hot summer in white
When love was the feeling
When love was the feeling
When love was the feeling
When love was the feeling

I have a secret I think you should know
I feel like I just can't keep in this deep within me
And this deep within me
And this deep within me
And this deep within me
And this deep within me
And this deep within me
And this deep within me
And I feel like I'm loosing control

Can you see my vision
Of a red hot summer in white
When love was the feeling
With no indecision
We were turning that key inside
To get in the moment

Can you see my vision
Of a red hot summer in white
When love was the feeling
When love was the feeling
When love was the feeling
When love was the feeling.

«THE BEGINNING» ∫ 1991
COMPOSITORES ∫ SEAL, GUY SIGSWORTH
The beginning saw existence of a chosen dream
But then came pain
With energy striking on those she knew would uncover her lies
She knew she must destroy everything that we had prayed for
So she sent shameful claim in her lies
She wants us to be what's going on in her mind
Music takes you round and round and round and round and round
Hold on to the love
Hold on to the love
The music takes you round and round and round and round and round
Hold on to the love
Nah Nah Nah Nah
Hold on to thelove
We are smiling
She wants us to be what's going on in her mind
If she is to take over she must prevent unity
But oh how cold her life must be
She knows she must destroy everything that we had prayed for
So here comes shameful claim in her lies
Music takes you round and round and round and round and round
Hold on to the love
Hold on to the love
Music takes you round and round and round and round and round
Hold on to the love
Smiling again
Hold on to the love
Nah Nah Nah Nah
Hold on
Nah Nah Nah Nah
Hold on
Nah Nah Nah Nah
Nah Nah Nah Nah
Hold on
Nah Nah Nah Nah
Hold on
Hold on to the love
The music takes you round and round and round and round and round
Hold on to the love
Hold on to the love
Music takes you round and round and round and round and round
Hold on to the love
Hold on to the love
Hold on
Round and round and round and round and round
Hold on to thelove
Go round go round but Hold on to love
Hold on to the love
Music takes you round and round and round and round and round
Hold on to thelove
Go round
Go round
Hold on to thelove
So hard for me to try and tell you how I feel
Ahno no no love
Go round
Gonna hold on
Go round yeah
But hold on to love
The music takes you round
It takes you round and round and round
But hold on to love
Hold on
Hold on to the love
Hold on
Hold on to the love

«THE RIGHT LIFE» ∫ 2007
COMPOSITORES ∫ SEAL, STUART PRICE
Caught up in my life
Waiting to be set free
Waiting to find my answer

Come if it feels right
Now is the time to be
No need to find forgiveness

Cause in a month some child wants to make love
Fantasize about some vision
Funny how the lost guy makes the deal ("the deal" [x6])

Just when you thought you were lonely
They put you under the right spell
Wake up tomorrow you're gonna be
Living the right life

Oooh, living it

Living in the streets
Try to find a better way
Elevate or take me higher

There's a place for me
All I want a new sudan
Elevator take or me higher, take me higher, take me higher, take me higher

Just when you thought you were lonely
They put you under the right spell
Wake up tomorrow you're gonna be
Living the right life

Just when you thought you were lonely
They put you under the right spell
Wake up tomorrow you're gonna be
Living the right life

Oooh, living it
Oooh, living it

Just when you thought you were lonely
They came along with the right spell
Wake up tomorrow you're gonna be
Living the right life

Cause in a month some child wants to make love
Fantasize about some vision
Funny how the lost guy makes the deal ("the deal")

Just when you thought you were lonely
They put you under the right spell
Wake up tomorrow you're gonna be
Living the right life

Just when you thought you were lonely
They put you under the right spell
Wake up tomorrow you're gonna be
Living the right life

«I CAN'T STAND THE RAIN» ∫ 1973, 2008
COMPOSITORES ∫ BERNARD MILLER, ANN PEEBLES, DONALD BRYANT
I can't stand the rain 'gainst my window
You're bringing back sweet memories
Hey, window pain do you remember
How sweet it used to be

When we were together
Everything was so grand
Now, now that we've parted
You know there's one thing that I just can't stand

I can't stand the rain 'gainst my window
Bringing back sweet memories
I can't stand the rain 'gainst my window
'Cause he's not here for me

'Lone with the pillow
Where his head used to lay
Well, I know you've got some sweet memories
But like a window you ain't got nothin' to say

I can't stand the rain
I can't stand the rain 'gainst my window, yeah
You're bringing back sweet memories
I can't stand the rain

Know, know, know of the rain
Know of the rain
Oh, no yeah, oh no no no
Don't be okay, rain

«GET IT TOGETHER» ∫ 2002
COMPOSITORES ∫ SEAL, MARK BATSON
Now's the time for stepping out of place
Get up on your feet and give account of your faith
Pray to god or something or whatever you do
What I see can make me stop and stare
But who am I to judge the color of your hair
Surely all you're feeling much the same as I do

We got to keep this world together, got to keep it moving straight
Love like we need forever, so that people can relate
If you're rolling to your left, don't forget I'm on the right
Trust and forgive each other
A little love and we just might

(We gotta do something, we gotta do something, we gotta do something)
Thinking of the troubles of today is it easier to put that gun away
Or is it difficult to stop the world to show you care
Everything, everyone we know is beautiful
Surely you will be the guide in light to see us all
Maybe we can be the vision of a prophet man's dream

We got to keep this world together, got to keep it moving straight
Love like we need forever, so that people can relate
If you're rolling to your left, don't forget I'm on the right
Trust and forgive each other
A little love and we just might

(I have something, do you have something 'cause I have something for you)
(I have something, do you have something 'cause I have something for you)
(I have something, do you have something 'cause I have something for you)
(I have something for you)

We got to keep this world together, got to keep it moving straight
Love like we need forever, so that people can relate
If you're rolling to your left, don't forget I'm on the right
Trust and forgive each other
A little love and we just might

We got to keep this world together, got to keep it moving straight
Love like we need each other, so that people can relate
If you're rolling to your left, don't forget I'm on the right
Trust and forgive each other
A little love and we just might

«FLY LIKE AN EAGLE» ∫ 1977, 1996
COMPOSITORES ∫ STEVE MILLER
Yeah, think I
better get up
Doo...doo...du du ... Yeah ...
Doo...doo...du du ... Love, love, love ...
Doo...doo...du du ... Don't it baby? ...
Time keeps on slippin'
Into the future...
Said
Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'
Into the future.........oohhh
Said I wanna fly like an eagle... to the sea
Fly like an eagle let my spirit carry me, I wanna...
fly...
Fly right into the future....
I wanna feed the babies... said, who can't get enough to eat
Wanna shoe the children... no shoes on their feet
I wanna house the people... livin' in the street
Oh yeah there's a solution
Let me fly like and eagle... to the sea
Fly like an eagle let that spirit carry me, I wanna
Fly right into the future
Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'
Into the future...
Time flies don't it baby?
Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'
Into the future... ...Ohhh.
Time flies don't it baby?
Keep on flying...
keep on flying, ohhh ...
Oh yeah, yeah
Think I better get up...
Don't it baby?
Hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey...
I wanna fly like an eagle... to the sea
Fly like an eagle let my spirits carry me, I wanna
fly...
Fly right into the future
Lemme fly like an eagle ... to the sea
... Fly............ like an ea.....gle.... we'll
fly...
Fly like an eagle let that spirit carry me, I wanna...
fly....
Fly............... like an ea.....gle.... we'll fly...
Fly right into the future
Lemme fly like an eagle ... ... to the sea
In a sky full of people ... only some want to fly, isn't that...
crazy? ... Ohh hho ...oohh
fly....
Fly............ like an ea.....gle.... I'm gonna fly...
Fly............ like an ea.....gle.... I'm gonna fly...
Fly............ like an ea.....gle.... I'm gonna fly...

LEITURAS ♫ SEAL

👍